Stair Lifts in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Indiana
Stair lifts, also known as chair lifts for stairs, stair chairs, and stair glides, are a practical solution to make your life more accessible. They consist of a chair that carries you safely up and down stairs, along a straight or curved rail that is secured to your stair treads with a few brackets for a clean look and easy removal.
Star lifts help you navigate all areas of your home with comfort and safety, allowing you to age in place in your home and experience improved quality of life for years to come.
Types of Stair Lifts
DME Elevators & Lifts provides stair lift models for every stairway configuration, from straight to curved. We can work with tight areas, such as when doors are located near the top or bottom of stairs, and our advisors make it easy to find a solution that fits your needs by offering free in-home assessments.
Here are the types of stair lifts you can choose:
Straight Stair Lifts
With straight stair lifts, straight stairways of almost any length can be accommodated. The stair lift can be placed on the right or left side, depending on the best fit for you and your home. The compact design of these stair lifts include foldable arm rests, foot rests and seats that help save space on your stairs. An automatic folding rail is another solution that can be used if the bottom of your staircase intersects with a hallway, this ensures you will have clear pathways to move about your home safely.
Curved Stair Lifts
No matter how unique your stairway is, our advisors will be able to find a stair lift tailored to match. If your stairs have a hard, 90-degree turn or have a spiral shape, a curved stair lift can accommodate your needs. The curved nature of the rail allows the chair the utmost flexibility for proper resting placement at the top and bottom of your stairs.
Curved stair lifts provide a smooth and continuous ride regardless of the curvature of your stairway.
Outdoor Stair Lifts
Outdoor stair lifts are a practical solution for elevated entrances and patios. They’re built to withstand extreme weather conditions to serve you all year round. Outdoor stair lifts provide you with the confidence and independence to enter and exit your home with no unsightly ramps needed. With safety and convenience, an outdoor stair lift is a great choice for mobility assistance outside your home.
Key Stair Lift Features & Benefits
- Safety edges bring our stair lifts to a gentle but immediate stop if you run into any obstructions on your staircase.
- There are multiple seatbelt options for your stair lift, including ones for those with limited dexterity and flexibility. They are easy to operate and mounted to the armrest.
- Stair lifts fold easily and fit neatly against the wall, keeping the area around the stairs clear for others to safely navigate.
- The power folding footrest folds with a button, so you don’t have to bend over to flip it up.
Comfort & Ease of Use
- Easy-to-use armrest hand controls operate the stair lift with the gentle push of a button. The ergonomic design is ideal for those with arthritis or limited dexterity.
- You can fit your stair lift with either manual swivel levers or a powered swivel option which is a great option for those with more limited mobility or hand strength.
- When you reach the top of the staircase, the stair lift swivels to face the top landing and block the staircase below, making it easy to exit the stair lift onto the landing.
Fits Into Your Home
With safety in mind and the option to choose from a variety of design features, we can customize your stair lift to suit your home. Trust us to help you find the perfect stair lift for your space and mobility needs.
Choosing the Right Stair Lift
With a variety of stair lift models and knowledgeable accessibility advisors, rest assured we will find the right model to match your mobility needs, meet your budget, and complement your home. During a free, in-home assessment, we will provide you with honest recommendations that you can review with your family.
Why Choose a Stair Lift from DME Elevators & Lifts?
- 45+ Years of Experience: We’re family owned and operated, dedicated to delivering trusted lifting solutions since 1977
- Continued Support: Our in-house, factory-trained technicians provide maintenance and repair services on all our lifts.
- Free In-Home Estimates: We perform free, in-home consultations to help you select the lift that best suits your space and meets your needs.
- Lifts for Every Budget: New, used, and rental options
- Professional Accessibility Experts: From start to finish our trained and certified DME team will have you safely moving around your home in just a few days, with installation only taking a few hours
Stair Lift Cost & Financing Options
You can expect to pay between $3,500 and $5,500 to have a straight stair lift installed in your home. Most homeowners choose a model in the $3,000 to $4,500 range.
Curved stair lifts cost between $8,800 and $15,000 because the rail is custom-designed to the unique dimensions of your stair lift.
If you need a short-term mobility solution, you can rent a straight stair lift at a discounted price.
DME Elevators & Lifts offers both new and used stair lifts to accommodate your budget. You can choose monthly stair lift rentals, and you may also qualify for a payment plan to spread your payments out over several months. Contact our team to learn more about your financing options, we’re here to help you find the right solution.
Stair Lift Maintenance & Servicing
Our service and repair team is dedicated to providing worry-free operation of your stair lift for years to come. We employ fully licensed and trained technicians, and we don’t use subcontractors.
To extend the life of your stair lift, we provide maintenance plans that strictly comply with the manufacturer’s warranty policies. With these plans, your lift will receive regularly scheduled tune-ups where our certified technicians will conduct an inspection, make basic adjustments, and clean and lubricate the equipment.
If your lift needs service, our team will diagnose the problem, perform the necessary repairs, and get your lift up and running as quickly as possible.
For service, call (866) 271-5388.
Our Stair Lift Customer Reviews
Our customers trust us to provide reliable installation, maintenance, and service. See some of our five-star reviews:
Stair Lift FAQs
Straight stair lifts usually cost between $3,500 and $5,500. You can expect to pay between $8,500 and $15,000 for a curved stair lift because they are custom-made to fit your staircase.
Yes. If you have temporary limited mobility because of a recent surgery or illness, you can rent a straight stair lift. Due to their custom design curved stair lifts are not available to rent.
Unfortunately, stair lifts are typically not covered by health insurance.
You can learn more about your financing options by speaking with one of our advisors.
No. Our stair lifts are specifically designed with your comfort, accessibility, and ease of use in mind.
Stair lifts are battery-powered and come with a charger that plugs into a 110-volt outlet. The lift will charge when not in use at the top and bottom landing of a staircase so it will work even during a power outage.
No. We install stair lifts to fit directly into your home without disrupting your interior. The stair lift rail is secured to your stair treads with a few brackets for a clean look and easy removal.
Installing a used stair lift can be an affordable, convenient option. Our advisors will be able to walk you though your options and our inventory to ensure you have the right stair lit for your needs and budget. Our pre-owned stair lifts are thoroughly inspected by our team to guarantee the equipment is up to DME standards. All stair lifts whether they are new or used will come with a warranty to ensure you are satisfied with your stair lift.