LULA Elevators by DME Elevators & Lifts: Serving Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin.DME Elevators & Lifts recognizes selecting the right elevator provider is just as important as selecting the right elevator. Serving our community since 1977, our advisors and technician have decades of experience installing and servicing commercial elevators, LULA elevators, in public buildings, private professional buildings, schools and houses of worship. During your free site assessment our knowledgeable Commercial Access Advisors will be able provide you with accurate and decisive guidance. There is no obligation to consult with DME Elevators & Lifts expert advisors.
Excellence in ElevationEach project is backed by a full-service DME team comprising of Commercial Access Advisors, project coordinators and licensed technicians who understand the needs of contractor and architects. Engaged at all levels throughout the process, we will confidently deliver accurate and decisive guidance for on-time installation and hand-over.
Experience You Can TrustWe understand the potential of Limited Use/Limited Application Elevators as a lower cost alternative to commercial passenger elevators. You can rely on DME Elevators & Lifts to provide the best solution for your project, as we’ve already done the research for you. Our team has rigorously selected only elevator models that provide superior functionality, design, reliability and value.
Premier Service You DeserveOur promise to you goes well beyond installation. As a full service provider, our manufacturer trained in-house technicians are fully licensed to also maintain and service your LULA Elevator. DME Elevators & Lifts is dedicated to delivering worry-free operation, for years to come.
Click on the links below to learn more about the advantages of a LULA Elevator.
|Elevator Car||Stainless steel, wood, laminate and powder coated steel cabs available. Laminate and powder coated steel cabs available in many colors and finishes. Multiple wood species and panels available, such as flat, Shaker, recessed and raised panels with a number of finishes|
|Fixtures||Car operating panel (C.O.P.), recessed telephone system, hall calls and handrails come standard in stainless steel. Custom options include metals with finishes such as vintage bronze or black colors|
|Doors||Standard is the automatic 36” wide, two-speed car and hoistway door available in many finishes including stainless steel, pre-finished powder coated colors, or primer gray finish (to be final painted by others)|
|Configuration||Cars come standard with a single opening with options for two opposing doors and 90 degree openings to suit the building’s requirements|
|Drive System||All our LULA lifts feature heavy-duty, time tested cable hydraulic drive systems|
- Car sizes up to 18 sq feet including 42” x 54”, 42” x 60”, 48” x 54” or 51” x 51”
- Standard car height of 7 feet, custom taller heights available
- Up to 25’ travel standard with up to six stops
- Speed of 30 feet per minute (fpm) with 1,400 lbs load capacity
- Smooth heavy-duty cable hydraulic drive system with automatic leveling
- 36” wide automatic two-speed car and hoistway door
- Low ceiling overhead and shallow elevator pit depth design
- Wide range of safety features
- Featured Elevator Model We carry models from the most trusted manufacturers including Symmetry and Savaria. Our most versatile LULA commercial elevator is from Symmetry Elevators which is also our featured model.The Symmetry Elevation commercial LULA elevator has a wide array of standard and optional features including several exclusive to Symmetry.Proven in technology and flexible in design, the Elevation LULA is an excellent option for many commercial access applications. To review details of our LULA elevator and a helpful planning guide, simply click the link here.
- Smaller LULA hoistway and machine space requirements for lesser footprint
- Lower ceiling overhead requirement, oftentimes avoiding extensive roof modifications
- Shallower elevator pit depth, as little as 13 inches, for lower cost site preparation
- Requires only single phase power vs. three phase power typical of passenger elevators
- Vertical travel is up to 25 feet where commercial platform lifts are limited to 14 feet
- Lifting capacity of 1,400 lbs as compared to 750 lbs (by code) for vertical lifts
- Speed of 30 feet per minute (fpm) whereas platform lifts are typically around 10 fpm
- Similar look and feel to traditional elevator with fully enclosed car and automatic controls